Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that! Check out our online store! There you will find ebooks and services that will help you in this endeavor.
Organization: Oxfam GB
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Batley
Closing Date: 2022-01-23
These are two LGV driver “E” grade level positions with 36-hour contracts although there could be up to 10 hours paid overtime associated with this role.
Please bring to the interview your Proof of Right to Work in the UK, such as your passport, or Birth Certificate with the names of at least one of your parents on, together with a document with your NI number on it.
Oxfam Purpose: To work with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Teams purpose:** To process surplus textiles to maximise the income generated from donated goods.
Job purpose:** To collect and deliver surplus stock from collection points within shops/depots and/or the delivery of processed stock to customers.
- To collect surplus stock from Oxfam shops & donation banks and/or the delivery of processed stock to customers.
- Carries out clearly defined tasks set out by Manager / Coordinator
- Is responsible for vehicle and equipment used in everyday work
- Carries out tasks with due regard to legislation and Health & Safety standards and guidelines
- Provides clear & comprehensive information to Colleagues, coordinator and occasionally members of the public.
- Ensure that all the products are loaded, collected & delivered in a timely and safe manner.
- Ensure that the vehicle is driver and maintained in a to the standard laid down by VOSA and the client company
- Ensure duties are carried out correctly and safely.
- Complete all required paperwork on a daily basis.
- Carry out daily checks of the vehicle to ensure the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition
- Ensure work is carried in line with the EU Drivers hours & WTD legislation
- Works professionally to maintain standards of service and Oxfam’s reputation to external and internal people.
Skills and Competence
- Able to follow set procedures and instructions (E)
- Able to use initiative and work with minimum supervision (E)
- Awareness of health & Safety issues (E)
- Able and willing to work as part of a team (E)
- Good verbal communication skills and customer focused attitude (E)
- Knowledge and understanding of tachograph rules and EC drivers hours legislation (E)
- Class C driving licence (E)
- Have a digital tacho card (E)
- Previous multi drop experience (D)
- Physically capable of moving weights (E)
- Reliable and flexible with regards to tasks and hours (E)
- Drivers CPC (E)
To be aware of all the Department of Transport, driver regulations and ensure all reasonable steps are taken to comply fully. On the grounds of vehicle/road safety, this factor over rules all other factors.
Our Values and Commitment to Safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB takes its obligation to protect the rights of children and vulnerable people very seriously; therefore, the successful candidate for this post will be also subject to extensive background checking, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS), as this role involves unsupervised access to the above-mentioned groups.
For full information surrounding DBS and the vacancy, please view the full job description.
Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that!
OpenIGO has helped dozens of professionals from all around the world to kick-start their international careers with intergovernmental organizations. Our high-qualified team of professionals and human resources specialists have put together a series of products and services to help make your dream come true!
On our online store, you will find comprehensive eBooks, mock interviews, application reviews, and other related services, which have been prepared for you with the utmost care! What are you waiting for? Get started on your international career now!