Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that! Check out our online store! There you will find ebooks and services that will help you in this endeavor.
Organization: Oxfam GB
Location: Iraq, Salah El-din - Tikrit
Closing Date: 2022-02-02
Closing date: – 2nd February 2022 – Midnight
Interview date: – TBC
Vacancy reference: – INT 8181 – Program Manager
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
· Lifesaving humanitarian assistance: to newly displaced populations residing in camps or host communities. The bulk of this work was done around the Mosul Operation with activities implemented in the governorates of Erbil, Salah Al Din, Anbar, Diyala and Ninewa. Activities included: Establishment/rehabilitation of safe water (boreholes, repair of infrastructure); Emergency water supply (distribution of water through trucking and bottled water); Setting up water tanks and networks in camps; Distribution of hygiene items; construction of latrines; Multi-purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), Cash for Work opportunities inside the camps to allow construction work and solid waste management; and Distribution of emergency winterisation kits.
· Recovery assistance: to returnees, local host communities and IDPs to recover from the post-conflict and to cope with protracted displacement. The main activities implemented under these areas of work include: Rehabilitation of water infrastructure; Supporting local authorities to rehabilitate essential public services (schools and hospitals); Grants to returnees to recover damaged businesses; Provision of livestock to support farmers; Cash for Work opportunities contributing to income for vulnerable families and supporting rehabilitation of infrastructure of public interest (irrigation canals, main roads).
· Promotion of Women Rights: through contributing to the implementation of the National Plan for 1325 UN Resolution, and economic empowerment of women through provision of training and grants to establish/rehabilitate businesses.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
· Water Sanitation and Hygiene
· Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
· Non-food-Items and Shelter
· Protection of lives and rights of civilians
· Gender Justice
· Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
· Advocacy and Media work
The Program Manager will provide technical and managerial leadership to projects and teams in the implementation area. She/he will establish relationships with relevant stakeholders, especially with the government line departments, provide technical and managerial support throughout the project cycle, including in budgetary planning and monitoring, lead the project managers in preparing and developing high-quality program plans, including Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and procurement plans, prepare program updates and donor reports, and enhance internal and external learning and Oxfam’s visibility.
Location: Salah El-Dien
Salary: As Per Oxfam Salary Scale
Internal Grade: C1 Global
Contract type: Global, Fixed Term – 12 months, contract renewable
This role reports to: Head of Program
Staff reporting to this post : Field based Program and Support Team
Annual budget for the post: N/A
Matrix manager: N/A
Screening checks: All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
References: Should you be successful and not already employed by Oxfam GB, we will require minimum of two references covering five years of employment history.
· Provide strategic leadership in the development, planning and implementation of the projects in areas of assignment.
· Define intervention priorities and strategies in line with Oxfam’s Country Strategy.
· Regular monitoring of the context dynamics and adapt the intervention and implementation modalities accordingly.
· Enable and support team members to conduct assessments and take part in proposals development to expand Oxfam’s programming in the implementation area.
· Take overall program management leadership and ensure team implement project activities within approved plans, budget, and quality standards.
· Lead the preparation for the inception workshop for the project and facilitate the session with support from the funding team, ensuring key learning from previous grants are shared.
· Facilitate programme review meetings and ensure documentation of findings and recommendations.
· Monitor risks and develop contingency plans to respond to emergencies.
· Ensure that cross-cutting issues like gender, safeguarding, DRR are integrated in programme designs and implementation plans.
· Ensure that implementation of program activities is in line with the best practice standards of Oxfam GB and other humanitarian and development standards.
· Create a conducive working environment for the staff to carry out their daily activities.
· Recruit and manage staff in line with Oxfam policies, including performance management, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
· Support project managers and senior project officers to design, implement, monitor and report on Oxfam programming.
· Coaching and mentoring of staff to support the development of their capacity.
· Support the uptake and ensure staff accountability on Oxfam code of conduct, Oxfam values and Oxfam feminist principles.
Coordination & Representation
· Engage partners, including Women Rights Organisations, in project design and implementation.
· Represent Oxfam to local and national government, donors, UN agencies as appropriate, maintaining Oxfam’s credibility & image.
· Coordinate and maintain close working relationships where relevant with government departments in overall implementation of project activities. This will include regular meetings with line departments to agree on work plans, technical assessments, developing technical designs, etc.
· Work closely with Oxfam technical team to ensure projects are implemented in line with the Oxfam quality standards.
· Review and validate donors’ reports in collaboration with project managers, technical advisors, funding coordinator and support teams. Ensure narrative reporting and financial accounting meet Oxfam and donor’s requirements;
· Review and ensure that budgets are drawn up for all activities, and that activities costs are kept within budgets.
· Review and approve monthly situation reports (financial and narrative) to update management on program progress achieved, program plans, changes in direction and challenges encountered.
· Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
· Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
· A minimum Masters/postgraduate university degree in business management, sustainable
development, economics, development studies, peace and conflict studies or related field;
· Minimum 6 to 8 years’ experience in humanitarian & development program, i.e. leading design, implementation and management of similar post-conflict recovery and stabilization projects and activities;
· Proven experience in applying results-based management;
· Technical experience in leading employment intensive programs, skill development program, cultural restoration and community infrastructure/urban beautification projects;
· 3-5 years of experience in development and humanitarian sector, preferably in a senior role in conflict environments, or displacement and refugee crisis. Experience in MSMEs support programs, private sector engagement, vocational training, job placement work;
· Demonstrable understanding of the gender dynamics of protection work, and ability to capture this in the analysis and design of protection activities, with a strong emphasis on the gendered aspects of conflict, violence and abuse
· Strong ability to be flexible and adaptable in times of unexpected challenges and provide creative solutions, whilst maintaining the ethos and objectives of the work at all times;
· Evidence of program cycle management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring & evaluation;
· Experience in leading on technical assessments, labor market assessment, value chain analysis, multi-sectoral needs assessments and the development/implementation of creative and innovative grassroots projects;
· Strong ability to work with diverse groups/individuals –ranging from local partners, local authorities, local community groups, the humanitarian community and the private sector;
· Proven ability in staff management, donor contracting & budget management;
· Proven experience managing and working with a diverse team, to achieve results in a timely
· Experience operating in Iraq with knowledge of unique local context
· Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an desirable.
· Experience in building the capacity of the team internally and of external stakeholders;
· Experience in working and jointly implementing projects involving local authorities and/or organizations as implementing partners.
Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills;
Good interpersonal, influencing and communication skills;
Proven team leadership and ability to work independently as required;
Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts;
Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
• Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
• Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
• Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Are you interested in this opportunity and want to land the job? We can help you with that!
OpenIGO has helped dozens of professionals from all around the world to kick-start their international careers with intergovernmental organizations. Our high-qualified team of professionals and human resources specialists have put together a series of products and services to help make your dream come true!
On our online store, you will find comprehensive eBooks, mock interviews, application reviews, and other related services, which have been prepared for you with the utmost care! What are you waiting for? Get started on your international career now!