The AIIB YPP interview process generally includes two stages: a) Personality Assessment Interview (online); b) On-Site Interview (AIIB’s HQ – Beijing). The following sections will elucidate the differences between these two stages.
1. Personality online assessment interview
The personality assessment AIIB YPP interview is conducted online (by video conference) and functions as a selection phase for long-listing candidates. This phase aims to identify the presence of soft skills and general aspects of the candidates’ personality. Below, are provided examples of personality interview questions to help you understand further:
Personality interview questions*
- If your manager asked you to complete a task you thought impossible at first, how would you go about it?
- Tell me about a time you had to fill in for someone. Were you successful? How did the experience make you feel?
- Tell me about a time you missed (or almost missed) a deadline. How did you react when you realized you were falling behind? What did that experience teach you?
- Do you prefer working in a team or on your own? Why?`
- If you could change one thing about your personality at the snap of your fingers what would it be and why?
- Tell me about a time your manager wasn’t satisfied with the results of your work. How did you discuss the issues and what did you do differently the next time?
- What are you passionate about?
- What types of activities or hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
*(Extracted from: https://resources.workable.com/personality-interview-questions)
2. On-Site Interview (AIIB’s Head Quarters).
After the Online AIIB YPP interview, the Shor-Listed candidates are invited to the AIIB Head Quarter (Beijing, China), with all related costs sponsored, to a panel interview. For the On-Site Interview, AIIB uses the traditional and technical interview model with the purpose of testing the candidates’ technical knowledge and their domain about the organization’s operations and objectives.
Candidates are usually asked two types of questions:
- Introductory and traditional questions (questions regarding the main motivation that led the candidate to apply for the AIIB YPP or questions about their experience and employment history.
- Technical questions regarding their working area or development and Asia oriented
Below, we present some examples of questions that may be asked on this type of interview:
- Where do you see Asia’s financial service industry going?
- Why do you think you are a perfect fit for this job?
- What should be done to foster economic growth on the Asia & Pacific region?
- Describe a time you worked in a team, the challenges you faced and your contributions
- How would you develop the Bond market in Asia?
- How a cross border transaction, especially lending or financing transaction, work in practice?
To help you feel more secure and greatly improve your performance during the AIIB YPP interview stage, OpenIGO Network has developed a mock interview, as per the AIIB YPP model, with a specialized professional who has extensive experience.
Click on the link below to find out more about our AIIB YPP Mock Interview service:
AIIB YPP – Mock Interview
What are the documents to submit for the AIIB YPP?
The application process requires you to submit:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume;
- Cover Letter;
- Academic transcripts
What is the evaluation criteria for the AIIB YPP?
Recruiters will seek to identify whether applicants’ academic and professional experience is relevant to the Bank’s activities, as well as evaluate their job expectations and level of knowledge about the institution’s work.
Selected YPs will work with the Bank’s staff to develop, enhance and leverage their professional skills and expertise while acquiring hands-on experience. Working with clients in Asia’s public and private sectors, YPs will gain a deep understanding of, and broader perspectives on the Region’s infrastructure development and financing challenges and opportunities. YPs will receive mentoring, training, career guidance and development opportunities to enable them to grow and develop professionally.
YPs will work primarily in AIIB’s investment operations, policy and strategy, and finance/treasury/risk departments. Applicants who wish to pursue careers in other specialized areas (e.g., communications, legal affairs, administration, etc.) should apply through the Bank’s regular recruitment channels.
For further information on the young professionals program contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read Also: ADB YPP Overview